Welcome to the first post for The Prettiest Pens Writing Contest (TPPWC)! This is the first round, and if it goes well I may hold another one!
I’ve been very inspired by the various contests that have been going on, like Megan’s photography contest! I was super excited to have another writing contest, too! I know there’s a lot of great writers out there!
I decided to do teams this time, and had lotsa fun making the graphics for each team! I used Canva instead of Picmonkey, and it was different, I haven’t used it in a while. I fell in love with a font called brusher, it’s the super swoopy cursive one! Okay, here we go! I kinda stole a few of these from Megan, so HUGE tthanks toher, because I’m really bad thinkin’ at rules 😉 ! Make sure to visit her blog!
If You Want To Enter
- Comment below and tell me two teams you’d like to be on. I can’t promise that you’ll be on one of them, but I’ll do my best.
- Tell me whether you will be using a blog or not. If you will be, then please comment with the address of the blog you will be posting your entries on.
- Look for the prompts to be posted, along with what team you are on. You can enter until March 22nd, giving you approximately 10 days to enter. On March 23rd I will post the first prompts.
- When that post is posted, you will have four to five days (depending on whether or not I can post the next category on time 🙂 ) to write something with the EXACT WORDS from the prompts included.
- Post your story if you have a WordPress blog, and it would be really, really nice if you could comment on the post with the link to your post, thanks. If you don’t have a blog, you can use the email-free way that will be provided on the next TPPWC post!
- When the time is up, I will post the next category, with the points for each team, as well as my favorite story. There will be ten posts, with a total of 30 prompts-three prompts per post-and you can get extra points for how many prompts you do!
- If you don’t do it, your name will be in red, if you did, blue!
Alright, as I said, you can get extra points by doing more than one prompt. You must do at least one prompt to get points for your team.
OKAY, How will points by given out? I’ll tell ya! (and I actually made these up!)
- Like I said, extra points for extra stories!
- Don’t steal stories, you will be disqualified!
- Quality of stories-the better the story, like when I can see you worked on it hard, the more points!
- Grammar-it really counts! If there is bad grammar than points will be taken off. The top points you can get is 15, 17 including the extra prompts!!
- Creativity! How unique your story is, like if you write a story totally different than everyone else’s!
Alright, enough of that! On to the teams! I tried to make them different than everyone else’s!!!
Aren’t they adorable little animals! Thanks, Canva, for having ’em for my use! I made them myself, and they were super fun!!!
I’ll post the people as they comment! If it says N/A that means nobody’s on that team! I’m so excited!
Alright, get commenting! And did you notice WordPress’s new post making design? So much cleaner and easier, I like it!